ANNUAL EXHIBITION 2021
From Club Chairman Derek Griffin
Welcome to the 2021 Sevenoaks Camera Club Exhibition! Due to the pandemic, we weren't able to hold a physical exhibition last year, so we're really pleased to hold one this year. Due to the lockdown, we have been restricted in the opportunities to get out with our cameras, but this hasn't stopped the creativity of our members. There is a wide range of images for your delectation.
At the Kaleidoscope Gallery in Sevenoaks we had a superb display of prints. There are digital versions of many of these images for you to view here, although our members fervently hope you were able to see their prints in the Gallery.
We also have a digital section of our Exhibition again. These are only exhibited on this site.
All our images have been judged by respected photographer Cherry Larcombe EFIAP, ARPS, DPAGB and BPE*5. Her overall comment on the entries was that "it was very difficult to select the winners as there were so many good images and I am sure the exhibition will be a great success, especially with the display of the prints." I hope that you agree with Cherry!
Please take the time to view our images here and at the Kaleidoscope Gallery if possible. If we have whetted your appetite, do join us next season (which will be starting again in September), and become a part of a friendly group of photographers whose aim is to help our members take better pictures as well as enjoying a healthy social life at the same time. See you soon!
Layout of Exhibition online
In addition to the "winners" shown below, the two sections of our virtual Exhibition are on separate pages on this site, one for the Digital Section itself and one for digital equivalents of the Print Section exhibits.
In reality all entrants are winners for having prepared and entered the Exhibition to provide a public show and support the Club during these still-strange times. The photos on this page are the ones that were lucky enough to find particular favour with our judge Cherry Larcombe.
Premier and Imagination Awards
These are the "Premier Awards" and the "Imagination Awards" in the Digital and Print Sections. Clicking on the thumbnails shows larger images that you can browse manually. The judge's brief comments are shown above the larger images.
- DIVE by Milt Ives PREMIER AWARD, DIGITAL SECTION
I do admit to seeing and judging this image previously but my view hasn't changed. It's a high quality image which has enormous impact. It demonstrates excellent timing and a good eye for creating an unusual take of this bird diving into the water. The colours, water splashes and central composition all work together to create a thoroughly excellent and enjoyable image
- MIST OVER THE CAUSEWAY by Patricia Jones PREMIER AWARD, PRINT SECTION
This image stood out to me with its wonderful softness in the clouds, reflected in the water, and filling the frame with pastel colour. Understated detail of the land and ducks in the water give us just the right amount of information to understand the scene but doesn't take away from the very beautiful impressionistic atmosphere created.
- TEARS by Derek Medhurst IMAGINATION AWARD, DIGITAL SECTION
The limited colour pallet of the greens and reds really accentuate the idea of "tears". A simple image but very well seen and interpreted. Very well cropped and composed homing in on the subject giving us a very clear message of the intended thoughts of the photographer
- SPIRIT OF THE OLD STATION by Derek Medhurst IMAGINATION AWARD, PRINT SECTION
The photographer has given us a title which conveys how their imagination is identifying this image but the viewer can easily find other interpretations. A very abstract image with a limited colour palette which certainly stirs the imagination and thought processes.
The following photographs can be seen larger by clicking on the thumbnails. You can then browse them manually, or set to an autoplay show, using the control icons at the top right of the pop-up panel.
- STORMY SEA, HARRIS by David Barker HIGHLY COMMENDED
- GREAT SPOTTED WOODPECKER, MALE, IN WINTER by Sheila Sargeant HIGHLY COMMENDED
- POPPY ON A RAINY DAY by Joselyne Horne HIGHLY COMMENDED
- MOON SHOT by Mike Robinson HIGHLY COMMENDED
- THE RACE by Peter Humphrey HIGHLY COMMENDED
- AUTUMN ABSTRACT by Peter Humphrey HIGHLY COMMENDED
- OSPREY FLEDGLING, WING STRETCHING by Sheila Sargeant HIGHLY COMMENDED
- A LINE ALONG THE SHORE by David Barker HIGHLY COMMENDED
- NORTHERN LIGHTS AT FULL MOON by Milt Ives HIGHLY COMMENDED
- WHISPERING EXMOOR PONIES by Greta Gardner HIGHLY COMMENDED
DIGITAL VERSIONS OF HIGHLY COMMENDED PRINTS
- CARMEN IN THE SPOTLIGHT by Brian Tabor HIGHLY COMMENDED
- OSORNO VOLCANO CHILE by Brian Tabor HIGHLY COMMENDED
- I WANT MY FEATHERS by Colleen Costick HIGHLY COMMENDED
- CHRISTMAS IN LJUBLJANA by Colleen Costick HIGHLY COMMENDED
- SAND PICTURE FROM MENDELO by Denise Barrett HIGHLY COMMENDED
- PIN MILL PANORAMA by Derek Griffin HIGHLY COMMENDED
- STORM OVER LOCH LOMOND by Patricia Jones HIGHLY COMMENDED
- GREAT SPOTTED WOODPECKER, MALE, WITH CRICKET by Sheila Sargeant HIGHLY COMMENDED
- GREAT EGRET WITH NESTING MATERIAL by Sheila Sargeant HIGHLY COMMENDED